- Код товару: B0028375-02
- Отримаєте бонус-скрепів: 17
- Наявність: В наявності
- Ціна в бонус-скрепах: 169
First remastered re-release of the debut full-length studio album by the legendary American Hard Rock/Glam Metal band.
"Appetite For Destruction" was a turning point for Hard Rock in the late '80s - it was a dirty, dangerous, and mean record in a time when Heavy Metal meant nothing but a good time. On the surface, Guns N' Roses may appear to celebrate the same things as their peers - namely, sex, liquor, drugs, and Rock & Roll - but there is a nasty edge to their songs, since Axl Rose doesn't see much fun in the urban sprawl of L.A. and its parade of Heavy Metal thugs, cheap women, booze, and crime. The music is as nasty as the lyrics, wallowing in a Bluesy, Metallic Hard Rock borrowed from Aerosmith, AC/DC, and countless faceless Hard Rock bands of the early '80s. It's a primal, Sleazy sound that adds grit to already grim tales. It also makes Rose's misogyny, fear, and anger hard to dismiss as merely an artistic statement; this is music that sounds lived-in. And that's exactly why "Appetite For Destruction" is such a powerful record - not only does Rose have fears, but he also is vulnerable, particularly on the power ballad "Sweet Child O' Mine". He also has a talent for conveying the fears and horrors of the decaying inner city, whether it's on the charging "Welcome to the Jungle", the heroin ode "Mr. Brownstone", or "Paradise City", which simply wants out. But as good as Rose's lyrics and screeching vocals are, they wouldn't be nearly as effective without the twin-guitar interplay of Slash and Izzy Stradlin, who spit out riffs and solos better than any band since the Rolling Stones, and that's what makes "Appetite For Destruction" the best Metal record of the late '80s!!
Album was well received by critics and topped the Billboard 200 chart. By September 2008, it has been certified 18× Platinum by the RIAA, making it the best-selling record released on Geffen and best-selling American debut. The album has sold 30 million copies worldwide.
Limited Deluxe Edition Gatefold Digisleeve 2CD in Foil Art Slipcase with 24-page booklet features:
- expanded album art with unreleased photos from Axl’s personal archive and memorabilia;
- for the first time ever newly remastered album;
- 11 selections of B-sides and EP tracks, newly remastered;
- 5 unreleased recordings from the 1986 “Sound City Session”, newly remastered;
- 2 other unreleased recordings: “Move to the City (1988 acoustic version)” from the “GN’R Lies” session and “Shadow of Your Love” (from first ever recording session at November 1986); newly remastered.
All tracks remastered from the Original Stereo Analog Tapes.
Uzi Suicide/Geffen Records/Universal Music Enterprises, A Division of UMG Recordings, Inc., 1987/2018 (B0028375-02). Made in USA.
CD1 "Original Album Remastered"
1. Welcome To The Jungle 4:33
2. It's So Easy 3:22
3. Nightrain 4:28
4. Out Ta Get Me 4:23
5. Mr. Brownstone 3:45
6. Paradise City 6:45
7. My Michelle 3:39
8. Think About You 3:50
9. Sweet Child O' Mine 5:56
10. You're Crazy 3:17
11. Anything Goes 3:26
12. Rocket Queen 6:13
Running time: 53:37 min.
CD2 "B-Sides, EP's N' More"
1. Reckless Life 3:21
2. Nice Boys (Rose Tattoo cover) 3:02
3. Move To The City (live) 3:34
4. Mama Kin (Aerosmith cover) 3:41
5. Shadow Of Your Love (live) 3:03
6. Welcome To The Jungle (1986 Sound City Session)* 4:59
7. Nightrain (1986 Sound City Session)* 4:49
8. Out Ta Get Me (1986 Sound City Session)* 4:01
9. Paradise City (1986 Sound City Session)* 5:34
10. My Michelle (1986 Sound City Session)* 4:21
11. Shadow Of Your Love* 3:05
12. It's So Easy (live) 3:54
13. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover; live) 4:59
14. Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover; live) 4:06
15. You're Crazy (Acoustic Version) 4:25
16. Patience 5:54
17. Used To Love Her 3:12
18. Move To The City (1988 Acoustic Version)* 3:26
Running time: 73:26 min.
Total playing time: 127:03 min.